Achilles Tendon Surgeon in Westchester County
What is Achilles tendon repair?
Achilles tendon surgery is sometimes needed if non-surgical options are ineffective, especially if your Achilles tendon rupture is severe. Often, younger patients and those who lead active lifestyles prefer undergoing treatment to restore the full function of the tendon. The surgery involves attaching the torn portion of the tendon so it can properly heal and restore your strength and function. At Specialty Orthopaedics, our doctors have performed Achilles tendon repairs for years and have the knowledge and expertise to get you back to your active lifestyle after an Achilles injury.
Why is Achilles tendon repair used?
You may be a good candidate for Achilles tendon repair if you’re suffering from any of the following Achilles tendon tear symptoms:
- Heel pain
- Ankle pain
- Calf pain
- Swelling near the heel
- Popping sound or feeling in the back during injury
- Inability to point toes or stand on toes
What does Achilles tendon repair involve?
One of our skilled orthopedic surgeons will spend time walking you through exactly what you can expect during Achilles tendon reconstruction and your recovery process. We specialize in creating tailored treatment plans that address your specific needs, so your exact process may vary. In general, you can expect the following during your Achilles repair:
- Your surgeon will access the Achilles tendon using small surgical tools.
- The rupture is repaired by reattaching the torn ends of the tendon back together.
- Your surgeon may use other tendons to reinforce the strength of the Achilles tendon.
- Your surgery is usually performed on an outpatient basis, so you’ll be able to leave the hospital following the surgery wearing a lower leg and foot cast.
What are the benefits of having Achilles tendon repair surgery?
The benefits of visiting our practice for your Achilles tendon repair surgery include the following:
- Restored Achilles tendon strength and mobility
- Achilles tendon pain relief
- Experienced and caring ankle surgeons
- Evidence-based orthopedic techniques
- Performed at some of the best orthopedic hospitals in the country
If you are interested in Achilles tendon repair surgery, visit Specialty Orthopaedics. Our New York orthopedic practice is home to a team of fellowship-trained orthopedists in a variety of specialty areas. We offer comprehensive treatment for musculoskeletal disorders in a caring and responsive clinical atmosphere. Give us a call at 914.686.0111 or fill out the form on this page to schedule your appointment today.