Viscosupplementation Treatment in Westchester County
What is viscosupplementation?
Viscosupplementation is a non-invasive treatment option used by regenerative medicine doctors to treat arthritis, namely knee arthritis. The treatment uses a gel-like substance made up of hyaluronan, also called hyaluronic acid or hyaluronate. The gel-like solution is injected into the patient’s joint to lower the degenerative effects of arthritis. This regenerative arthritis treatment is backed by numerous clinical reports and has helped our patients at Specialty Orthopaedics recover from joint pain and immobility.
Why is viscosupplementation used?
One of our regenerative medicine specialists might recommend using viscosupplementation if you are suffering from knee arthritis. While knee arthritis is the primary condition that is treated using this injection therapy, the following conditions may also benefit:
What does viscosupplementation involve?
Viscosupplementation is a simple injection procedure done by one of our experienced orthopedic physicians at Specialty Orthopaedics. We’ll walk you through everything you can expect during viscosupplementation therapy prior to your treatment. In general, you can expect the following:
- Injections are administered directly into the affected joint.
- Depending on the product, each treatment will be between one and five injections.
- Injections can be repeated as often as every six months.
- You’ll see the full effects of the treatment after about two months.
What are the benefits of having viscosupplementation?
Undergoing viscosupplementation with our skilled providers at Specialty Orthopaedics can offer you the following benefits:
- Arthritis pain relief
- Restored range of motion in the knee or other joint
- Non-surgical treatment
- Enhances your body’s natural ability to heal
- Helps treat the actual problem rather than the symptoms
- Experienced and caring orthopedic specialists
- Evidence-based and innovative approaches to regenerative medicine
- Affiliated with some of the best orthopedic hospitals in the country
If you are interested in viscosupplementation, visit Specialty Orthopaedics. Our New York orthopedic practice is home to a team of fellowship-trained orthopedists in a variety of specialty areas. We offer comprehensive treatment for musculoskeletal disorders in a caring and responsive clinical atmosphere. Give us a call at 914.686.0111 or fill out the form on this page to schedule your appointment today.