Ankle Arthroscopy Surgeon in New York
What is ankle arthroscopy?
An ankle arthroscopy is a medical procedure that uses minimally-invasive techniques to repair a number of different ankle conditions or injuries. This can include ankle instability and cartilage damage. Using a minimally-invasive approach benefits our patients because it reduces your recovery time, the possibility of infection, and other complications that can occur when using traditional open surgery. At Specialty Orthopaedics, our surgeons are well-versed in the use of arthroscopic techniques for diagnosing and treating the full range of ankle problems.
Why is ankle arthroscopy used?
Ankle arthroscopy can address any of the below ankle conditions:
- Ankle arthritis
- Ankle sprains
- Ankle fractures
- Ankle bone spurs
- Cartilage defects or injuries
- Post-fracture stiffness
What does ankle arthroscopy involve?
In general, you can expect the following steps during the day of your ankle arthroscopy:
- Very small incisions are made near the ankle, through which your surgeon places an arthroscope.
- The arthroscope gathers images using a camera at one end, showing your surgeon the inside of your ankle joint.
- Your surgeon uses the arthroscope as a guide to repair any damaged portions of your ankle.
- Your surgeon closes the incisions using stitches once all repairs are made.
After the ankle arthroscopy procedure, you will follow up with a doctor to go over a plan for your recovery period. Because arthroscopy surgery is minimally invasive, your recovery period will be shorter than with open surgery. We’ll give you all the information you need for your next steps, including recommendations like physical therapy.
What are the benefits of having ankle arthroscopy?
Specialty Orthopaedics is committed to providing you with the highest quality of evidence-based care for all ankle problems. Some of the many benefits of visiting our practice for your ankle arthroscopy include:
- Ankle pain relief
- Restored ankle function and range of motion
- Ability to return to the activities you love quickly and safely
- Experienced and caring ankle orthopedic surgeons
- Evidence-based orthopedic surgery techniques
- Performed at some of the best orthopedic hospitals in the country
If you are interested in ankle arthroscopy, visit Specialty Orthopaedics. Our New York orthopedic practice is home to a team of fellowship-trained orthopedists in a variety of specialty areas. We offer comprehensive treatment for musculoskeletal disorders in a caring and responsive clinical atmosphere. Give us a call at 914.686.0111 or fill out the form on this page to schedule your appointment today.