Arthroscopic Knee Repair in New York
What is knee arthroscopy?
Knee arthroscopy refers to a minimally-invasive procedure that can diagnose and treat certain knee injuries. Arthroscopy uses a small camera to look inside your knee joint and guide surgery. This means that you can undergo surgery using smaller incisions, resulting in shorter recovery time. At Specialty Orthopaedics, we’re experts when it comes to minimally-invasive knee surgery, using the latest research-backed techniques in a caring, compassionate environment.
Why is knee arthroscopy used?
A knee arthroscopy might be recommended to treat many different knee problems, including the following:
- Meniscus tears
- ACL tears
- Misaligned kneecaps
- Loose cartilage in the joint
- Knee cyst removal
- Knee fractures
- Joint lining inflammation
What does knee arthroscopy involve?
Your surgeon will use a thin tube that has a camera and light at one end to look inside your knee joint and make the necessary knee repairs. This device is called an arthroscope. Typically, you can expect the following steps:
- Your surgeon numbs the affected knee.
- A few small incisions are made in order to insert the arthroscope and tiny medical tools.
- Your surgeon locates the damaged portion of your knee and makes necessary repairs.
- The incisions are closed using stitches.
After the surgery, your doctor will discuss the next steps to your recovery, including physical therapy, medications, and other post-surgery needs. You’ll also have a chance to ask your doctor any remaining questions you have about your recovery time and how to heal as quickly as possible from your knee arthroscopy.
VIDEO: Knee Arthroscopy for Meniscal Repair
Please explore our meniscus repair video below.
What are the benefits of having knee arthroscopy?
Undergoing knee arthroscopy at Specialty Orthopaedics offers a number of benefits, which include:
- Knee pain relief
- Restored knee function and range of motion
- Speedy recovery and return to activities you love
- Experienced and caring surgeons
- Evidence-based orthopedic techniques
- Surgery performed at some of the best orthopedic hospitals in the country
Contact us Today!
If you are interested in knee arthroscopy, visit Specialty Orthopaedics. Our New York orthopedic practice is home to a team of fellowship-trained orthopedists in a variety of specialty areas. We offer comprehensive treatment for musculoskeletal disorders in a caring and responsive clinical atmosphere. Give us a call at 914.686.0111 or fill out the form on this page to schedule your appointment today.