ACL Repair Surgeon in Westchester County
What is ACL reconstruction?
Your knee is held together by two main tissues called the posterior cruciate ligament (PCL) and the anterior cruciate ligament (ACL). These help your knee remain stable and move in different directions. If you tear one of these ligaments, you will likely need to undergo surgery to repair the ligament and allow for proper healing. ACL reconstruction surgery is performed frequently at Specialty Orthopaedics, where we have years of experience diagnosing and treating the full range of knee conditions.
Why is ACL reconstruction used?
ACL reconstruction is used to repair a damaged ACL ligament, which may occur as the result of one of the following:
- Suddenly changing direction, especially when running
- Suddenly twisting the leg and/or knee
- Falling down and landing on the knee
A similar surgical procedure can be done to address less common knee ligament tears, including injuries to the following other knee ligaments:
- Posterior cruciate ligament (PCL)
- Lateral collateral ligament (LCL)
- Medial collateral ligament (MCL)
What does ACL reconstruction involve?
Our surgeons are capable of treating any type of ligament injury using the most innovative techniques. Your ACL reconstruction involves the following:
- Your surgeon takes some of your healthy tissues from other areas of your body to help reconstruct the ligament.
- The healthy tissues are transplanted onto the torn ligament.
- We revise any other ligament issues, including other failed reconstruction attempts made by a different surgeon.
After your ACL repair surgery, we’ll go through all of the next steps for recovery and get you back to your regular lifestyle and activities.
VIDEO: ACL Repair Procedure
Please explore our ACL repair video below.
What are the benefits of having ACL reconstruction?
Our orthopedic specialists have extensive training and experience in ACL reconstruction and comprehensive knee care. Some of the many benefits of visiting Specialty Orthopaedics for ACL reconstruction include:
- Knee pain relief
- Restored knee function and range of motion
- Ability to return to sports and activities you love
- Experienced and caring surgeons
- Evidence-based orthopedic techniques
- Surgery performed at some of the best orthopedic hospitals in the country
What Our Patients Have to Say
“I would highly recommend Dr. Zelicof and his staff to family and friends, for their caring and their expertise.”
“Professional, friendly, caring, knowledgeable. An extremely positive experience from my first visit, through Surgery, through today’s post op visit . Dr. Zelicof and his entire staff/team were amazing. Highly recommend this practice.”
Contact Us Today!
If you are interested in ACL repair, visit Specialty Orthopaedics. Our New York orthopedic practice is home to a team of fellowship-trained orthopedists in a variety of specialty areas. We offer comprehensive treatment for musculoskeletal disorders in a caring and responsive clinical atmosphere. Give us a call at 914.686.0111 or fill out the form on this page to schedule your appointment today.