Wrist Arthroscopy Surgery in New York
What is wrist arthroscopy?
Arthroscopic repair of the wrist is a minimally-invasive procedure performed by an orthopedic specialist who has experience working exclusively on the hands and wrists. The procedure itself is done using very small incisions in the wrist, through which a tiny camera is inserted. This camera, called an arthroscope, helps your surgeon visualize the inside of your wrist joint and make any necessary repairs, while avoiding large incisions. At Specialty Orthopaedics, we have extensive experience treating wrist conditions using the least invasive techniques and the latest, research-backed technologies.
Why is wrist arthroscopy used?
Our surgeons might recommend wrist arthroscopy if you are suffering from one of the following wrist conditions:
- Wrist ligament injuries
- Wrist arthritis
- Wrist cysts
What does wrist arthroscopy involve?
You can expect the following on the day of your wrist arthroscopy at Specialty Orthopaedics:
- Your surgeon uses very small incisions near the wrist area to access the joint.
- The arthroscope and tiny medical tools are inserted through the small incisions and into your wrist joint.
- Your doctor uses images displayed from the arthroscope onto a computer monitor to guide the surgery.
- Any damaged portions of your wrist are repaired, depending upon your specific condition.
- Your incisions are sewn up carefully.
After a wrist arthroscopy, you’ll need to follow up with one of our orthopedic specialists to learn about your next steps in recovery. We’ll give you all the information you’ll need to ensure a safe, speedy recovery and a seamless return to your regular activities.
What are the benefits of having wrist arthroscopy?
There are numerous benefits of visiting our orthopedic facility in New York to address your hand or wrist condition. Choosing to undergo arthroscopic wrist surgery at Specialty Orthopaedics will offer you the following benefits:
- Wrist pain relief
- Minimally-invasive procedure
- Accurate diagnosis and treatment of wrist problems
- Restored wrist/hand function and range of motion
- Ability to return to the activities you love quickly and safely
- Experienced and caring wrist orthopedic surgeons
- Evidence-based orthopedic surgery techniques
- Surgery performed at some of the best orthopedic hospitals in the country
If you are interested in wrist arthroscopy, visit Specialty Orthopaedics. Our New York orthopedic practice is home to a team of fellowship-trained orthopedists in a variety of specialty areas. We offer comprehensive treatment for musculoskeletal disorders in a caring and responsive clinical atmosphere. Give us a call at 914.686.0111 or fill out the form on this page to schedule your appointment today.