PRP Therapy Doctor in Westchester County
What is PRP therapy?
Platelet-rich plasma (PRP) injection therapy is a non-surgical regenerative treatment option for chronic pain and certain injuries. The therapy uses PRP injections that are made from your own blood supply to facilitate your body’s natural healing process. Joint, tendon, and ligament injuries that do not have sufficient blood supply may heal poorly due to an insufficient blood supply. In these cases, the injury may lead to chronic pain and long-term weakness in the affected area. At Specialty Orthopaedics, we are at the forefront of innovative regenerative medicine techniques, helping our patients fully heal using the body’s natural processes.
Why is PRP therapy used?
We may recommend PRP therapy for patients who are suffering from any of the following problems:
- Hip arthritis
- Knee arthritis
- Shoulder arthritis
- Ankle arthritis
- Tennis elbow
- Degenerative disc disease (DDD)
- Herniated discs
- Recurring sprained ankles or wrist sprains
- Rotator cuff partial tears
- Chronic joint pain
- Chronic back or neck pain
- Shoulder injuries
- Spinal stenosis
What does PRP therapy involve?
PRP therapy involves the following general steps:
- A small amount of your blood is drawn, similar to a routine blood exam.
- The blood is placed in a centrifuge, which spins at a high speed to separate your red blood cells and platelets.
- The platelets are extracted to create the platelet-rich plasma (PRP) solution.
- The PRP solution is injected directly into the injured area.
The entire process takes just a short office visit and you will be free to return to your regular routine after. At Specialty Orthopaedics, we prioritize educating our patients about their procedures and ensuring that you have all the tools and information you need for the smoothest possible recovery. We will spend time with you following your procedure discussing your next steps and will monitor your recovery over time.
VIDEO: Treatment with Autologous Conditioned Plasma (ACP)
Please explore our Autologous Conditioned Plasma (ACP) video below.
What are the benefits of having PRP therapy?
Undergoing PRP therapy with Specialty Orthopaedics has many benefits, which include:
- Chronic pain relief
- Non-surgical treatment
- Enhances your natural healing process
- Helps treat the actual problem rather than the symptoms
- Treatment performed by experienced and caring orthopedic specialists
- Evidence-based and innovative approaches to regenerative medicine
- Affiliated with some of the best orthopedic hospitals in the country
Schedule a Consultation
If you are interested in PRP therapy, visit Specialty Orthopaedics. Our New York orthopedic practice is home to a team of fellowship-trained orthopedists in a variety of specialty areas. We offer comprehensive treatment for musculoskeletal disorders in a caring and responsive clinical atmosphere. Give us a call at 914.686.0111 or fill out the form on this page to schedule your appointment today.