Hip Revision Surgery in Westchester County
What is hip revision surgery?
A hip revision, also known as a revision hip replacement, is a reoperation of a total hip replacement (THR). This reoperation may involve a partial or a complete exchange of the prosthesis that was implanted during the original surgery.
Who needs hip revision surgery?
A THR prosthesis usually lasts for 15 to 30 years. This means that for elderly people, it may last for life. But in younger patients, especially those who maintain an active lifestyle, a THR prosthesis may need to be replaced later in life.
What are the reasons for undergoing hip revision surgery?
The most common reasons for hip revision are:
- Recurring dislocation of the hip
- Wear and tear, including loosening or breakage of prosthesis components
What are the benefits of having hip revision surgery?
The advantages of choosing to undergo hip revision surgery with one of our qualified surgeons at Specialty Orthopaedics include the following:
- Proven outcomes and metrics – Dr. Zelicof has been recognized by New York Magazine, Westchester Magazine and Castle Connolly Top Doctors in America for over 25 years
- Our Joint Solutions program was the first in Westchester to be recognized and reaccredited three times by the Joint Commission with Gold Seals in Hip and Knee Replacement
- Access to experienced and caring fellowship-trained, university-affiliated surgeons
- A commitment to evidence-based orthopedic techniques, advanced minimally invasive approaches and pain management techniques
- Surgery performed at some of the best orthopedic hospitals in the country
- When considering revision joint replacement surgery, trust your hip or knee to someone who treats other physicians and healthcare professionals
Your joint is special… Come to Specialty Orthopaedics for your care!
If you are interested in hip revision surgery, visit Specialty Orthopaedics. Our New York orthopedic practice is home to a team of fellowship-trained orthopedists in a variety of specialty areas. We offer comprehensive treatment for musculoskeletal disorders in a caring and responsive clinical atmosphere. Give us a call at 914.686.0111 or fill out the form on this page to schedule your appointment today.