Shoulder Arthroscopy Surgeon in Westchester County
What is shoulder arthroscopy?
Shoulder arthroscopy is a procedure used by an orthopedic surgeon to diagnose or treat a problem with the shoulder joint. The procedure involves your orthopedist using a tool called an arthroscope, which is a small tube that has a camera and a light on one end, to look inside your joint. Because the arthroscope is very small, it allows your surgeon to see inside the shoulder joint and make repairs to the area while only making a few very small incisions, thus speeding up your recovery time. At Specialty Orthopaedics, we have extensive experience using arthroscopic techniques to repair a wide range of shoulder issues, resulting in restored range of motion and a safer, speedier recovery.
Why is shoulder arthroscopy used?
Shoulder arthroscopy may be recommended by one of our orthopedic doctors if you are suffering from any of the following shoulder conditions:
- Shoulder arthritis
- Rotator cuff tears
- Shoulder instability
- Shoulder impingement
What does shoulder arthroscopy involve?
Your shoulder arthroscopy procedure at Specialty Orthopaedics will usually involve the following steps on the day of your surgery:
- You may be under some form of anesthesia to ensure you’re comfortable during the procedure.
- Your surgeon makes small incisions in the shoulder area through which small tools and the arthroscope are inserted.
- If there is a tear, your doctor repairs the portion of the shoulder using small anchors to reattach the damaged tissues.
- Any other joint problems are addressed using close monitoring with the arthroscope camera.
- The small incisions are carefully stitched closed.
In the days and weeks following your shoulder arthroscopy, you’ll need to follow your doctor’s recommendations for physical therapy, exercise therapy, or any other post-surgery steps. During a follow-up visit after your shoulder surgery, we will take the time to explain the details of your recovery process with you, addressing any of your needs or concerns throughout your recovery.
VIDEO: Shoulder Arthroscopy for Rotator Cuff Repair
Please explore our shoulder arthroscopy video below.
What are the benefits of having shoulder arthroscopy?
The benefits of visiting Specialty Orthopaedics for your shoulder arthroscopy procedure include the following:
- Shoulder pain relief
- Minimally-invasive procedure
- Restored shoulder function and range of motion
- Ability to return to the activities you love quickly and safely
- Experienced and caring shoulder orthopedic surgeons
- Evidence-based orthopedic surgery techniques
- Surgery performed at some of the best orthopedic hospitals in the country
If you are interested in shoulder arthroscopy, visit Specialty Orthopaedics. Our New York orthopedic practice is home to a team of fellowship-trained orthopedists in a variety of specialty areas. We offer comprehensive treatment for musculoskeletal disorders in a caring and responsive clinical atmosphere. Give us a call at 914.686.0111 or fill out the form on this page to schedule your appointment today.